No products in the cart.
When I was in Vietnam on holidays in 2009, I became a little bit obsessed with their pedestrian crossing signs. For one thing, they are somewhat of a joke as to their actual function, both in that pedestrians cross where ever they please, and drivers don’t give way to pedestrians at said crossings. But the thing I loved is that almost every single one seemed to be unique. These were not some government mass produced sign, they each were their own quirky interpretation on the classic walking man (or children) symbol. I tried to snap photos of as many as I could while travelling the length of the country. These are my favourites!
1. I like the stencil style figure in this one, he’s got a classy shape to him. I’m not sure what it’s trying to say- “beware dismemberment at waist and shoulder”?
2. *sigh* It’s like star-crossed lovers running away together into the night…
3. This fellow looks like he’s about to dance or break into a song.
4. This suave body builder looks like he’s about to kick sand in your face at the beach and embarrass you in front of your girlfriend.
5. This man looks pretty normal. Shame the world seems to be falling apart underneath him…
6. I don’t even know…
7. Little boy running scared from floating ghost girl.
8. OCD Man. Must-not-step-on-lines!
9. Wobbly man wobbles down the stairs.
10. BEWARE BLOB PEOPLE! (Or perhaps “Western Tourists Ahead”)
11. I don’t know, this one is actually kind of cute.
12. “Running away with teacher”
Got any better jokes to go with these? Make me laugh and I might send you a prize 🙂