Want a little peak into my world? Here is where I spend most of my time, writing, painting, messing around online 🙂
- Two of my most favourite and personal original artworks, Motherhood and Love Me Not. Also around the house I have framed- Dark Waters Bright Skies, Greenman’s Door, Along the Forest Path, Warm my Heart, and Rose.
- Weapons at hand for defending myself come the zombocalypse.
- To-Do lists. I have many to-do lists of different priorities and types. I need to write down everything I have to do, and find it’s the best way to stay motivated and get work done as a self employed type. You write a list of goals for the day (taken from a master list elsewhere), and you tick off as many as you can. My lists are a bit full and messy right now! I have them on my phone, on paper, on post-its, on white boards. In fact, re-organising my to-do lists is on one of my to-do lists.
- The Spooky Door. What is behind it? No one knows!!! Or it could be a storeroom. I’m not even sure why I thought that required a number on this list?
- Just some of my key collection. I love keys! Keys, doorknobs, locks, anything to do with doorways, there is just something magical about them.
- My gorgeous office chair. Not very ergonomic but you will have to prise it from my cold dead fingers to make me change!
- My Wacom Cintiq 24HD, oh let me count the ways I love you. For those who don’t know what a Cintiq is, it’s a screen that you draw directly onto with a pressure sensitive digital pen in order to paint brush strokes for digital painting. In this photo it’s upright, but see those super arms on the side? It adjusts to all kinds of angles, like a drafting table, even right down over the edge of the desk so it’s practically in my lap. My baby girl sometimes sits on my lap with me while I’m digi-painting and licks the screen, which makes me glad I can digi-paint instead of with traditional mediums now! And yes, it’s growing mushrooms. My desktop wallpaper cycles through my and my husbands photos (currently showing photos from a zoo visit).
- My computer mouse looks like a lady bug. How old am I again?
- My Ball Jointed Doll, Dollzone model “Celine”. She was my lavish gift-to-self for completing all my cancer treatments. She stands on her own and is really posable. I pretend I use her as an artists model but really I just like getting her pretty new clothes and dressing her up. Wait… how old am I again?!
- A shoe stand that made the prefect art supplies stand. Top shelf has paint mediums and masking fluids, down from there is a box of Kremer pure pigments and other tube paints in boxes and my masking tape, then the bottom three shelves are colour pencils and pastel pencils arranged in colour order. It isn’t there anymore, I had to hide everything gooey, toxic or otherwise chewable away from the baby thing. I’m doing all my painting now on the Cintiq.
- No I don’t have a secret stash of junk food in my desk draw. SHUT UP WHO TOLD YOU?!?
Where are all the printers and stuff? All the production side of my business lives in a separate building. My office is just for creating art now and I love it 🙂
What’s at the other end of the room? The Library! My husband and I hit up Ikea to create a whole wall of bookshelves for our collection, and we’re still double stacked on most shelves. You can zoom in on the picture and see what a fair few of the titles are, but I can tell you right now that at least 70% of the collection is sci-fi and fantasy! There’s also our light sabre on the top. And my cat on a fluffy cushion. There’s a shelf dedicated to all figurines based on my art, and another shelf of other fun treasures (a Sailor Moon alarm clock!).